The Law of Seasons
The Law of Seasons is the legal system based on traditions followed in the druidic societies of Kymuria, the North, and to a lesser extend, in some area of Faenarild. The Laws were drafted by the Arcanes in accordance with Nature, and passed along by the druids. Here are a few highliths:
- There is a time for everything: Spring is to plow the fields; Summer is for war; Fall is the season of harvest and Winter a time for spiritual endeavors.
- The Lord of the land must pass judgement in accordance of the Law of Seasons, on the advice of the Druids and his Bailiffs.
- A maimed lord is unfit to rule.
- At the feast, the greatest hero present gets the first share, and the lord after him.
- Reputation is everything.
- A man who takes another man’s life will compensate the victim’s family. If he doesn’t, the victim’s family can repay itself with blood.
- All are born free.
- A man who can’t pay a debt becomes the slave of the person he owes it to until such time that the debt is repaid.
- Reading and Writing is prohibited.
- The practice of Magic is allowed for the Druids only.
- Marriage can be contracted during the Spring, and broken during the Winter.